Saturday 27 October 2012

Daily Photo Challenge - Week 43

Another week down, and one where I felt like I regained some of my mojo - at least behind the lens.

One thing that hasn't ceased to amaze me is how long it takes to do things when you have two kids.  For example, I started this post at about 9:30 this morning, and its now after lunch and I still haven't managed to get it finished.  I only had three photos that needed editing too, but between feeding junior, tolerating senior, washing clothes, getting last minute groceries (aka nappies) for our trip, getting the dogs to the kennel and packing I have been working on this post in bits.

Motherhood this week has still presented many challenges.  I have discovered bribery is everything at least for senior.  If he refuses to do something (which is everything) I offer something in return.  I realise it will bite me in the bum later but for now its what is working.  Junior is still not feeding that well, he is gaining ludicrous amounts of weight (last check he was 5.2 kgs, thats 800 grams in 3 weeks!!) but I am still struggling to get him latching properly despite the tongue tie being fixed.  This means lots of expressing for me but thats ok, I can handle it for now.

We did manage to survive our first solo trip to the zoo this week.  The zoo is a great place - Junior required feeding twice in only a couple of hours but it was incredibly easy as I could leave Senior to run around which I can't do at home without having to chase him mid feed or even worse if we're out and about.  At home Senior has been surprisingly well behaved, probably because we've managed to get out and about a bit more and he's slowly become a little more independent.  Its also helped that Bryce has been around a bit more this week, or at least in and out except for being away the entire day/evening.

Monday we leave for Hamilton Island for our business work conference.  Ash is incredibly excited about the "2 airplanes", mum and dad are dreading that part but really looking forward to what is hopefully a bit of relaxation mixed with business.  Keep your eyes posted for hopefully some decent photos from this trip!

Here are the photos for the week, a bit of a mixed bag, and two from last Sunday as I couldn't decide which one I liked more.  Enjoy!!


Brotherly love "A Side"
Brotherly Love "B Side"


Mini Monkey

Helensville Athletics

Sweet Slumber

Helensville Primary Ag Day

Mr Goggle Man

2 comments:

  1. Look at this fantastic week of work!
    I love Google Man and Sweet Slumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what fantastic photography
    It honestly does get easier with two kids - promise -

    ReplyDelete